Terry McAllister, Partner, Ohlandt, Greeley, Ruggiero & Perle, LLP – at Fairfield University McAuliffe Hall
Given the state of the economy, businesses have placed a greater emphasis on marketing and branding in an attempt to generate new business and effectively compete in the marketplace. Often times naming, branding and related issues fail to receive attention until the last minute. This discussion will draw out the importance of trademarks/brands for your business and answer common questions such as:
- If I incorporate under a new name, can I use it without being challenged by another party?
- I have registered a domain name, can I use it for my business?
- Why are trademarks and copyrights important/valuable for your business?
- What types of legal protection are available in the US and overseas?
- What names, logos, designs can be protected?
- How do I protect my trademark on the web?
Full presentation below: