A Final Rule was published on August 3, 2020 in a Federal Register Notice, Setting and Adjusting Patent Fees During Fiscal Year 2020 announcing these changes. There is an approximate 5-10% increase to most fees impacted by the rule. However, increases to issue and maintenance fees, maintenance late fees, and PTAB fees are notably larger. Four fees relating to copies and enrollment were discontinued. The complete listing of fee changes can be found and downloaded here.
- Paul Greeley was the guest lecturer at Connecticut College’s course in Cyber Law and Policy on October 12, 2021.
- INTA 2021 Leadership Meeting – Virtual- May 3-7, 2021
- Copyright Office Proposes Small Claims Expedited Registration Procedures and FOIA Conforming Amendment
- USPTO New Regulation for Trademark Maintenance Charges
- US Trademark Modernization Act Establishes New Procedures